MODON is committed to creating a work environment in the industrial cities that offers protection to its employees, owners, and the surrounding communities. This has been achieved through the
adoption of stringent health and safety policies, together with a strong focus on safeguarding the environment by creating a balanced strategy aimed at achieving sustainable development. The following has been achieved as a result of these endeavors:
- MODON enacted rules for occupational safety and security in the industrial cities and appointed experts and specialists in this field to monitor the compliance of industrial establishments.
- Employees have been trained to raise their preventive awareness, enhance performance levels, raise industrial safety and security levels, mitigate risks, and conserve environmental resources.
- To raise the standard of safety operations in the industrial cities, MODON established a Safety Management System based on the latest international safety management practices (ISO 45001).
- MODON launched an electronic system supporting the Safety Management System, which includes five new electronic services; inspection, follow-up on correction of errors, risk assessment, safety audits, and the issuance of electronic business licenses.
- MODON organized safety and security activities for its employees on World Safety Day, during which it welcomed a number of prominent safety professionals.
- MODON adopted the classification of factories in the industrial cities according to potential hazards. The classification system monitors the factories' compliance with specific safety requirements through reports generated from monthly field visits, and covers all factories in the industrial cities.
- MODON established an evacuation plan mechanism as part of its emergency plans and carried out 10 evacuation drills during 2018 at the main buildings of the industrial cities, including the headquarters in Riyadh, Dammam First Industrial City, Dammam Second Industrial City, Riyadh Second Industrial City, Jeddah First Industrial City, Jeddah Second Industrial City, Sudair Industrial and Business City, Al-Kharj Industrial City, Madinah Industrial City, and Al-Ihsaa Industrial City.
MODON carries out regular inspection visits to ensure the safe
installation of fire prevention systems in factories, the absence of chemicals
leaks, and safe storage practices.
2,890 inspection visits were conducted
Special Fire Teams
As part of its commitment to providing the
highest levels of response in the event of emergencies, disasters or accidents,
MODON is committed to implementing world-class fire and rescue projects in the
industrial cities. During 2019, 5 fire and rescue stations were operated in: Sudair Business and Industrial City, Al-Kharj
Industrial City, Dammam Third Industrial City, Jeddah Second Industrial City,
and Madinah Industrial City. Work is currently underway to operate a rapid intervention unit in Assir industrial city, and work is also underway to use smart systems through a project to connect fire stations to factories directly through smart alarm systems, which will contribute to the speed of response and reduce losses, and help raise the quality of the work provided.
MODON has initiated a number of projects to
develop industrial security services that will maintain traffic and public
safety, together with effective supporting mechanisms. The success of these
initiatives is reflected in the overall performance and limited number of violations
and encroachments recorded. The Authority is also focusing on achieving further
improvements through the hiring of qualified personnel and deployment of modern
industrial security and safety solutions.
Maintenance and operation
During 2019, "MODON" raised operational efficiency and enhanced quality in maintenance and operation works by using the latest technologies, developing quality measurement indicators, administrative procedures and policies, as well as implementing maintenance and operation works, which led to reducing operation and maintenance costs for industrial cities and developing services provided to partners.