First Stage: Submit an application
The documents required to apply for a license:
- Approved general scheme (system / paper).
- The Authority / Civil Defense approve safety schemes for the facility.
- Periodic maintenance contract for safety systems.
- Valid commercial record.
- Valid industrial license (if applicable).
Second Stage: Inspection visit:
Which is auditing the approval to issue an operating license
- Appoint a safety officer.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the fire alarm system and is connected to the main control panel.
- The firefighting system conforms to the approved plans of the factory.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the firefighting system and water hoses.
- Ensure that emergency exits sufficient and conform to the specifications.
- Apply safety requirements during storage, transportation of chemicals and hazardous gases.
- The existence of an emergency evacuation plan and a report that the employees apply the plan annually.
- The presence of emergency back-up lighting distributed on the corridors and exits.
- The presence of indicative signs on the corridors and emergency exits.
The Saudi Authority for Industrial Cities and Technology Zones (MODON); Keen to facilitate and speedy completion of its dealings with its partners, in order to serve the needs of factories and to maintain the safety and security of workers, property and infrastructure of industrial cities, we feel that the operating licenses and the period of validity of each license are classified as follows:
Short-term: 3-6 months
The license issued with a validity (3-6 months) to enable establishments that have a large number of observations and irregularities and need a long time to correct in order to complete the procedures with other government sectors and relevant authorities, to be working quickly on the remedies that can be corrected and pledge to complete the rest of the notes within the schedule agreed time frame.
Medium-term: 1 year
The license issued with a validity (one year) to enable establishments that have medium-risk observations and irregularities that require a long time to be corrected in order to finalize procedures with other government sectors and related authorities, provided that work is quickly done on the remedies that can be corrected and undertaking to complete the rest of the observations within an agreed time frame.
Long term: 3 years
The license issued with a validity (3 years) for establishments that do not have any observations, and all safety regulations and standards have applied.